Optimus Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid HFDU is an ester-base, high-performance and fire resistant hydraulic fluid. It is designed for hydraulic equipments operating in locations comprising a fire risk, such as iron and steel works (cooking plants, blast furnaces, continuous casting), mines, etc. The use of this fluid lessens the serious risks presented by recourse to a mineral oil on the occasion of rupture of a hose or when a leak gives rise to oil mist, in the immediate vicinity of a flame, a part in the process of melting or a switch cupboard.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- With its considerable fire resistance properties, is associated exceptional lubricating properties which guarantee a substantial reduction in wear, and therefore a longer service life of the hydraulic components
- High flash point and high spontaneous ignition temperature
- Low pour-point providing good performances at low temperature
- Very high natural viscosity index, guaranteeing a viscosity constantly adapted to the temperature range in which the fluid must be used
- Very good anticorrosion properties in relation to ferrous and non-ferrous metals making up a hydraulic circuit
- Very good oxidation stability: enhanced service life
- The product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health
- Maximum operating temperature is 120°C
PERFORMANCE LEVELS: Meets and Exceeds:
- ISO 6743/4 HFDU
- ISO 12922
It is used in areas of the manufacturing industry where there is high risk of fire such as hot strip mills, coil handling facilities, pipe mills and continuous casters.