Marine 1230 and 1240 have been perfected as premium high-performance fluids for use as lubricants in medium speed trunk piston engines. Lubrex’s Marine 1230 and 1240 fluids are made from mineral base-oils with a high viscosity index and chemical additives for enhanced performance. These lubricants are long lasting, consumed at a slow rate, and ensure to slow down the buildup of debris and impurities like sludge as they reduce wear and tear in engines running on fuel containing ≤ 1.0% Sulphur. These lubricants can also separate bearing lubrication and piston cooling of big crosshead engines at proper viscosity and harsh running conditions.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Improved anti wear properties, reduces ring & liner wear
- Reduces port and under crown deposits
- Cleaner engine operation
- Increased protection against cylinder and bearing wear
- Outstanding thermal & oxidation stability extend periods between inspection & overhauling
- Controls black sludge deposits thus increasing oil filter life and reduces cleaning frequencies
- Excellent TBN retention with low oil consumption
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Meets and Exceeds:
- API CF
Recommended for crankcase lubrication in medium-speed marine type diesel engines. They also be used to separate bearing lubrication
and piston cooling of large crosshead type engine under severe service conditions at appropriate viscosity grades.